Linksys wireless range extenders are one of the topmost networking devices to access a blazing-fast and seamless internet connection. However, many users face issues with their Linksys extenders. Are you one of them? If the answer to the question is yes, then worry not because the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post will surely help you fix the Linksys extender not working issue. So, wait no more, scroll down, and read on.
Fixed: Linksys Extender Not Working
- Reboot Your Linksys Extender
Before you do anything else, reboot your Linksys extender. Perhaps all that your device needs is a simple restart to get rid of technical issues.
So, follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reboot your Linksys wireless range extender:
- Disconnect every WiFi-enabled device connected to your extender’s network.
- Power off your Linksys extender and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug your extender back into the wall outlet and power it on.
Now, check whether you are able to fix the Linksys extender not working issue. If not, then keep reading.
- Perform Linksys Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your device by accessing the Linksys extender login page is another way to resolve the issue you’re currently experiencing.
Thus, follow the guidelines given below and learn how to perform Linksys extender firmware update:
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser. Make sure that it is updated.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type extender.linksys.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Linksys extender login page will come into view.
- Fill the default username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- The Linksys extender setup page will appear.
- Head over to the Settings option.
- Under Maintenance, click Firmware Update, and follow the on-screen prompts.
In this way, you’ll be able to update the firmware of your Linksys range extender to the latest version with ease.
Note: Access the Linksys router login page and follow the same instructions mentioned above if you want to update the firmware of your Linksys wireless router.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Chances are that the Ethernet cable connecting your Linksys range extender and the existing router is worn out or damaged from somewhere due to which your device is refusing to work properly.
To troubleshoot the issue, make sure that the Ethernet cable you’re using is free of damages. Or, to be on the safer side, consider replacing the cable with a new one.
- Check the Hardware
Another reason why your Linksys extender is not working is because it isn’t getting enough power supply from the wall outlet. That is probably because the wall socket is damaged.
Therefore, ensure that your extender is plugged into a damage-free wall socket. You also have the option of plugging your device into another wall outlet.
- Reset Your Linksys Extender
If none of the aforementioned tips helped you resolve the Linksys extender not working issue, then performing factory default reset is your last resort.
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to restore your Linksys wireless range extender to the factory default settings:
- Look for the Reset button located at the bottom of your device.
- Once found, carefully press it using an oil pin.
- Wait for a few seconds and let your device reboot.
Once you are done resetting your Linksys range extender, consider reconfiguring it.
Our troubleshooting guide to fix the Linksys extender not working issue has come to an end here. We hope that by following these tips, you’ll be able to get rid of the issue you were facing. If you do, then don’t hesitate to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.