QuickBooks Error PS033 is a payroll issue that appears when you try to download the payroll update. It appears as a text that reads “QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files.” Due to the issue and text, the software starts lagging. It might interrupt any of the ongoing work. So, it is recommended to try out the best solutions for troubleshooting.
Well, considering this fact, here we are with the most valued solutions. You will get back to your work once conducting troubleshooting. So, here, we start our guide that contains an introduction, causes, symptoms, and best solutions for the error.
What is QuickBooks Error PS033
The error appears when you try to download the payroll software on your device. Payroll takes care of many business transactions and activities. But, it can become a hurdle if gets corrupted and damaged. It is always recommendable to go through the following causes to know all those factors triggering this issue on the device.
All Possible Factors Triggering QuickBooks Error Code PS033
Significant factors and causes behind the QuickBooks error PS033 are provided below. You must learn each cause to avoid any further nuisances in the future.
- UAC is turned on.
- Interruptions caused by some other program of QuickBooks
- Corruption within the QuickBooks CPS folder.
- Not updating the QB desktop to its latest release
- Damaged entries within the company file.
- Inactivation of payroll subscription.
- Some files are renamed
- Adding an incorrect PSID in the Qb file.
All of these factors trigger the error. You should make sure to kick out all of them with troubleshooting. Now, let’s get into another section and learn how you can recognize this issue in your system.
How to Detect the QuickBooks Error PS033
Now, the user is required to learn all of those key pointers that help them in knowing about the issue. So, here they are:
- QuickBooks desktop is not running properly
- Having some frequent shutdowns
- Getting the error text described above
- The computer is performing and reacting very slow
- Inputs are not exchanged properly.
If you face any of these issues within the system then it might happen due to the error. Now, let’s get into the troubleshooting section to learn all possible solutions to this error.
How to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error PS033
The error mostly occurs when you perform QuickBooks downloads. Seeing it can be really overwhelming. But, you don’t have to be worried more as we are here with the best solutions. So, just let’s proceed ahead.
Solution 1: Rename QuickBooks CPS Folder
- First of all, access the following commands C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- Make sure that XX here represents the version of QuickBooks.
- Thereafter, you need to rename the CPS folder
- Perform a right-click on it and change the name to CP SOLD.
- Then, update your QuickBooks Payroll tax table.
Solution 2: Rebuild Data & Verify Data
- Initiate the procedure by accessing the QuickBooks app.
- Once done, head towards the File.
- Choose the Utility option from there.
- Now, just tap Rebuild Data.
- Choose OK when you see a warning message on the screen.
- Try to save the backup company file.
- Hit the Enter tab.
- Now, press OK to save the file.
- Again, hit OK.
- The rebuilding process has been completed now.
- Thereafter, verify the data to examine the damaged data.
- Moreover, choose the File tab and hit Utilities.
- Tap the Verify data.
- Make sure to restore the backup if the error does not appear.
- Hit the File menu and choose the restore button.
Solution 3: Disable UAC
- Hit the Windows + R buttons.
- Then, open the Run Command Box.
- After that, you need to enter the Control Panel.
- Choose Enter.
- Thereafter, you need to click on the User Accounts tab.
- Choose User Accounts.
- Subsequently, hit the button named Change User Account Control Settings.
- Drag and move the slider to Never Notify.
- Choose OK to disable the UAC.
- Once done with the following things, just update your QuickBooks payroll.
Solution 4: Download and Update Latest Payroll Tax Table
- First of all, access the QuickBooks desktop.
- Click the Employees tab now.
- Choose Get Payroll Updates
- Once done, try to download the latest payroll update.
- Make sure to hit the tab named Update.
- You will see a window after the updates get completed.
Solution 5: Restart the System in Safe Mode
- Open your QuickBooks desktop application.
- Try to verify and rebuild data within QuickBooks in the next step.
- Consequently, update the QuickBooks desktop.
- Make sure that you restart your system in safe mode.
- You need to now update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
- Don’t forget to restart the system.
- Just examine whether the issue is resolved or not.
These five solutions would definitely resolve the QuickBooks payroll update error PS033. We hope that you find this article really helpful and informative. However, if there comes any other issue then makes sure to bring it down in the comment section below. The user will get to know more on the site so don’t forget to push the notification bar. You will be notified every time a new article on QuickBooks is uploaded.