If your existing modem is not satisfying your internet-related needs, then you should consider performing Netgear router setup via routerlogin.net. Apart from letting you access a blazing-fast internet connection, configuring a router will also turn the dead zones into fun zones.
Walk through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to set up a Netgear wireless router in your home.
Instructions to Perform Netgear Router Setup
- Unbox the Netgear wireless router. Make sure that no part of the Netgear router gets damaged while unboxing.
- Plug the Netgear router into a wall socket and press the Power button.
- Wait for the LED light to become solid green.
Note: If the LED on your Netgear router does not turn green, then it is recommended that you reboot your device and start the setup process from scratch.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and create a connection between your Netgear router and the existing modem. You can also connect them using a wireless source.
- Once a strong connection between your wireless devices has been established, switch on your computer, and open an internet browser on it.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type routerlogin.net.
Note: Do not enter the default web address in the search bar even by mistake. That won’t do you any good.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear router administrative page will welcome you.
- When prompted, enter the default username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear on your computer screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
By following these instructions, you’ll be able to perform Netgear router setup via routerlogin.net. Although, configuring a wireless router is not rocket science, however many users struggle through the process. To avoid getting stuck in the same pit of setup issues, it is recommended that you keep the following things in mind while setting up a wireless router.
Things to Keep in Mind during Netgear Router Setup
- Make sure that your Netgear wireless router is receiving enough power supply from the wall socket. If the wall socket into which your router is plugged is damaged, plug your device into another one.
- If you are using an Ethernet cable to create a connection between your Netgear router and the existing modem, ensure that it is not damaged from anywhere. Also, ensure that the cable connection between your devices is not loose.
- Whether you are using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc, only use an updated web browser to log in to your Netgear router.
- Make sure that the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your web browser are cleared.
- If routerlogin.net refuses to work for you, consider using the default IP address to access the Netgear router login page.
- In case you are not certain regarding the default username and password of your Netgear wireless router, then it is recommended that you refer to the user manual. You will find everything related to your device in there.
- Keep your eyes open while following the on-screen instructions displayed on the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Do not place your Netgear wireless router near mirrors, fish tanks, cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, aluminum studs, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, etc.
- Avoid placing your Netgear router in corners or near thick concrete walls.
If you take care of these things, then we guarantee you that you’ll stay far from technical issues while setting up the router.
By following the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post, you’ll easily be able to perform Netgear router setup via routerlogin.net. Once you are done configuring your Netgear router, you are free to access a blazing-fast internet connection in every corner of your home.