Chinese is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, thanks to the huge Chinese-speaking population and booming economy of China. Mandarin is considered to be a form of standard Chinese extensively spoken by the Chinese population around the world and you can even learn it from Dubai. Although learning Mandarin has its unique sets of challenges, before jumping on the learning bandwagon, keep the following factors in mind:
- Motivation: Motivation is a key factor that pushes you to the brink of learning a language desperately. The deep-rooted psychology of motivation can only keep the fire alive while we surge ahead in the learning expedition of a new language. For Mandarin, the equation stands the same: you need to create a positive environment to stay focused on the target. Even if you’re far away from China, a little China should be alive and kicking inside you for motivation. This is where a decent institution and its tutors come into existence to keep you inspired enough in the whole journey.
- Effective Routine: Now that you’re motivated enough and about to kickstart your Mandarin journey, take the routine with you. As you eat, sleep, and repeat the same every day, now include Mandarin in it in the relentless pursuit of learning a second language or another one in the list. If you have prior experience of learning a new language, you already know the importance of it. Mandarin’s tonal nature makes the language a bit difficult to grasp for first-time learners and hence the habit of daily practices is essential. Make some room for Mandarin in your daily life and start digging in the language during it to stay committed to it.
- Native Tutor: When you’re learning Mandarin, why learn it from a non-native person, instead, your preference should be a native tutor in the first place. Not only do native teachers help you to learn the language correctly but they would also make you sound right while speaking the language. As Chinese is a tonal language, you need to adjust your tone throughout while speaking. Only an experienced native tutor can help you leave no stone unturned to learn the tones-specific words correctly. Correctly learning the language is of utmost importance to get your basics right. Additionally, a native Chinese teacher could share more about the Chinese traditions, cultural values, customs, and diversity across China with you. This would surely help you explore the language seamlessly.
- Professional Courses: More than aesthetic reasons, nowadays people try to learn a language keeping in mind its professional and business values. Chinese is one such language that stands on top of the list as one of the most valuable languages in the world currently. Therefore, you can easily comprehend the significance of it. Even if you’re in the UAE, you can still get a professional online mandarin institute in Dubai for a top-notch learning experience. A professional teacher or institution will help you tailor your Mandarin course according to your professional demands even if you want to start it from scratch.
- Customized Lessons: Not everyone requires the same learning modules and lessons when a diverse range of students with different learning requirements are there. While there could be a lot of students who want to learn from scratch, some might be there to start intermediate or professional courses directly. There could also be students from different age groups such as children, teens, or adults. So, an institution must prepare itself with customized lessons and materials to cope with all these diverse requirements of learners. If you find one such Mandarin learning institute, you can surely give it a go.
- Materials: You should be loaded with the right materials when it comes to learning the language effectively. Apart from your institute’s physical books and digital materials, you should also check for the free courses easily available on the internet. You can also download the free or paid language learning apps on your smartphone, keep checking spaced repetition flashcard software like Anki or watch YouTube videos, web-series regularly for fast and effective learning.
- Flexibility: Before choosing your institute always consider flexibility as a key factor. While we always recommend you to stay focused on the entire learning process, there might be some unforeseen incidents that could push you off track. As a result, you may not turn up in regular classes and may not be unable to maintain a daily routine. An ideal institute is the one that allows you to resume where you left.
Only thinking of learning a foreign language is not enough unless you really start working on it. We live in a digitally connected world where different options are available offline as well as online to learn a new language. Once you start dipping your toes in the deep water of learning, you’re halfway done. Now, all you need is to keep the momentum going until the goal is reached.