QuickBooks won’t open issue appears without any prior indications and warning. You will face an outbreak that stops all the running applications. Well, QuickBooks brings several errors that deny you access to the accounting software but this one is famously known. It hinders many users worldwide.
Several issues come along with this issue. QuickBooks won’t open can interrupt all the ongoing working procedures. So, it is highly recommendable to troubleshoot the error as soon as possible.
The troubleshooting would be incomplete if you have not developed a quick understanding of the issue. So, get into the section below to learn more on this issue. After that, you will learn the causes, symptoms, and solutions also.
QuickBooks won’t Open: Meaning
QuickBooks won’t open is an error state that cannot let you access the company file. It appears with a text that reads “QuickBooks desktop won’t open or doesn’t start”. We can feel how you are feeling at this moment. That’s the reason to bring this enlightenment post to QuickBooks users. You must understand each section throughout the guide. Also, move into and learn what leads this error to appear.
There have been so many causes and factors responsible for the issue. That means the error does not appear on its own but a handful of reasons bring the error. We will discuss all of them in the next section.
Causes that bring QuickBooks won’t Open
The error appears due to any of these reasons provided below. If you are getting the issue then these causes are highly responsible. That means you need to kick out all of them to fix this issue.
- The company file name is very big.
- Installing an outdated OS.
- QuickBooks desktop is not installed properly
- Wrongly installed QuickBooks.
- QBWUSER.INI file is damaged.
After considering these causes, let’s move into another section and learn how to identify the issue.
Symptoms to Identify QuickBooks won’t Open
The system goes with several kinds of outbreaks while dealing with this issue. These hindrances later on work as symptoms of the error. You can check out the pointers below to know how to detect the QuickBooks won’t open.
- Windows is not running.
- Frequents hang within your system.
- QuickBooks cannot be opened.
- Error message pops up while you access the file.
- The system does not accept the inputs of the mouse and keyboard
Tips to follow before Troubleshooting
Make sure to consider these things before trying out the solutions on your device.
- Disable the hosting on the workstations.
- Try to suppress the QB software.
- Make sure that the QuickBooks desktop installation is repaired.
- Renaming of TLG and ND files
- QuickBooks desktop update.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks won’t Open
There are lots of ways that you can use to fix the issue. You will be able to root out every cause that brings the QuickBooks won’t open through these solutions.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool is designed to remove all the installation bugs within the software. Intuit has specifically made this to help out the users worldwide. You must learn how to use this tool on your software.
- Close QuickBooks in the first place.
- Thereafter, you need to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Make sure that you save the downloaded file.
- Open the same and go through the prompts instructed you about the installation.
- Moreover, click on I agree on the tab.
- Launch the tool hub.
- Choose the Installation issue button.
- After that, choose QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool.
- The tool may take 20 minutes to complete the scanning procedure.
- Moreover, reboot your system.
- Finally, just restart the software and also access the QB file.
Solution 2: Run Quick fix my Program
Quick fix my program is yet another file repair tool developed by Intuit. It has been brought into use for repairing corrupted and damaged programs. The steps below will assist you in how to run the Quick fix my Program.
- Download the tool hub according to the steps mentioned above.
- Then, choose the Program Problems button.
- Also, hit Quick fix my Programs.
- Just access the QB desktop and data file.
Solution 3: Make a New Windows User
If you are still receiving the issue then try to create a new window user. Just act as suggested below to kick out the error problem.
- Tap the Control Panel button.
- Launch the User account tab.
- Click on the Manage User option.
- Then, tap Add Tab.
- Make sure that you specify the name and domain of your admin.
- Also, choose OK.
- If you are a Windows 10 user then select the Administrator button.
- Hit the Finish button to move towards the User accounts box.
- Thereafter, choose OK.
Solution 4: Access the QB file from another location
This solution will help you to acknowledge the real cause. If you cannot access the QB file from a different location then there is corruption within the company file. Otherwise, the QuickBooks software needs to be repaired.
- Tap Windows + E buttons.
- Try to spot the data file that ends with the .qbw file extension.
- Make sure to search inside the network drive to locate the file of a network server.
- Further, right-click to choose the Copy button.
- Thereafter, you need to save the C: drive.
- Create a new folder and name it QBTEST.
- Also, access the same folder.
- Try to paste the file on it.
- Then, just access the software.
- Consequently, hold the Ctrl button.
- Later, click on Open or Restore an existing company.
- Make sure that you check out the created folder.
- Finally, open the copied file inside the QBTEST folder.
Solution 5: Close QBW32.exe Process
It is a highly recommendable solution for all struggling with the issue. Here is how you should close the QBW32.exe process on your system.
- Perform a right-click on the Windows Taskbar.
- Hit the Task Manager button.
- Consequently, you need to close the QBW32.exe process.
- Also, choose the Process tab.
- Hit the Image Name button.
- Try to spot the exe and select the same.
- Hit the End Process tab button.
- Just close the exe process.
Solution 6: Suppress QB Desktop
QuickBooks desktop needs to be suppressed successfully for eradicating this issue. The steps below will direct you in conducting the procedure.
- To initiate, right-click on the QB icon.
- Then, hit the Ctrl button.
- Subsequently, click Open.
- Make sure to hold the Ctrl button till you see No company open Window on your computer screen.
- In the end, just access the QB desktop.
Solution 7: Clean Installation of QuickBooks
If any of the steps would not help you then try to conduct the clean installation of QuickBooks. This is a widely used procedure to remove all kinds of errors and bugs that appeared within the old QuickBooks folder. This tool on its own generates new installation folders and thus removes all kinds of bugs. Here is how you should do the clean installation of QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Desktop Uninstallation
First of all, we start with the uninstallation of the QuickBooks desktop. If you don’t know how to uninstall the software then take some lead from the steps below:
- Access the Windows desktop in the first place.
- Then, visit the Search panel.
- Insert Control Panel there.
- When the control panel window appears, choose the Program and Features button.
- Thereafter, hover your mouse on the list of installed programs.
- From the list, you need to check for the QuickBooks software.
- Once found, just perform a right-click on it.
- After that, click on Uninstall/Change button.
- Meanwhile, another window titled Uninstall will pop up.
- Carry out the instructions forming on your way to uninstall the software.
- Just reinstall the software again after completing and putting an end to the uninstallation.
QuickBooks Desktop Reinstallation
Now, we will try to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop again on our system. Just perform as you are directed to reinstall this software.
- Just pick the folder where you have saved the downloaded file of QuickBooks.
- Further, open the Downloaded file on your device.
- Try to launch the installer file.
- Make sure that it should end with a .exe extension.
- Meanwhile, you need to install the QB software with the instructions pop up on the screen.
- After successfully tackling this task, hit the Finish button.
- The QuickBooks software has been successfully reinstalled now.
- Just open the QuickBooks.
- Also, access the QB file to see whether the windows pop up the same issue or not.
- If not then you have successfully conducted the solution on your device.
So, these are all the ways through which you can troubleshoot the QuickBooks won’t open issue. Make sure to carry out the solutions as suggested as they are prepared while taking the major issue as the prime cause. However, if you find any kind of difficulty while conducting these solutions then make sure to let us know in the comment section. You will get the best expert advice from the Proadvisors themselves. So, don’t hang back to drop in your queries.