Are you trying to set up Linksys Velop at your home but unable to get success with the overall process? Well, worry not! This guide will help you troubleshoot Linksys Velop setup issues in no time. Let’s get started!
Troubleshoot Linksys Velop Setup Issues
- Check Cable Connections: First and foremost, make sure you have connected your Linksys Velop to the modem or modem router with the help of a working Ethernet cable. If there are any cuts in the cable, consider replacing the cable right away or connecting your devices wirelessly.
- Rightly Locate Your Velop: Bad placement of your Linksys Velop can also stop you from getting success with the Linksys WiFi setup process. If that is the case, consider taking the help of the spot finder technology of your device and place your Linksys Velop at the right location. While locating the device, make sure to keep it away from things creating WiFi interference such as Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, cellular phones, reflexive surfaces, etc.
- Cross-check IP Address: If you are using the manual method to configure your Velop, then make sure you type the IP address of your device into the address bar of your browser without committing any typing mistakes. If you are not sure of the IP details of your Velop, check the manual you might have received with your device.
- Update Web Browser: The use of outdated web browser can also stop you from getting success with the Linksys Velop setup process. Thus, keep in mind to use a web browser that is not only up-to-date but does not carry the junk of cache and cookies.
- Install Linksys App: Linksys app has made it possible for users to install their Linksys Velops in a matter of minutes. Best of all, the app is available for both iOS and Android users. The only thing you need to take care of is to download the latest version of the app.
- Check Power: The wall outlet you have used for plugging in your Velop must be offering adequate and fluctuation-free power. If the one you are currently making use of is not working in a proper manner, consider plugging your Velop into another wall outlet.
- Follow Proper Velop Setup Process: Probably, you are not getting success with the Linksys extender setup process because the method that is being used by you is not up-to-the-mark. If that is the case, reset your Velop to the default factory settings and configure it again from scratch.
Here’s How to Set up Linksys Velop
- Plug in your Velop to a working wall socket and let the light on it turn solid purple.
- Once done, connect the parent node of your Velop to the existing modem or modem router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, get access to your system and open a web browser on it.
- Head towards the address bar of your browser and type the default IP address of your Linksys Velop.
- Press the Enter key and you will get redirected to the login page.
- Fill in the administrator password and click Sign In.
- Bonus: Linksys Velop login can also be done using Linksys server account. So, if your Velop is linked to a server account, proceed further by signing in with your email ID and password.
- As soon as you find your Linksys Velop node has turned online, navigate to the Velop setup option and set an SSID and password for your device.
- Proceed further by clicking the Setup Node option.
- Connect your client devices to the network of your Linksys Velop and you’re good to go.
This is how you can make your Linksys Velop up and running. We hope that this article will be of great help to you in fixing Linksys Velop setup issues.