Is the LED on your Netgear Orbi router blinking purple? Well, you are not alone! Orbi users all across the world are experiencing this issue. However, you can troubleshoot it by following some of the topmost tips mentioned in this post. So, walk through the tips given below and learn how to get rid of the Netgear Orbi purple light issue in a jiffy.
Possible Reasons behind Orbi Purple Light Issue
There can be a number of reasons why the LED on your Netgear Orbi router is blinking purple. Some of the topmost ones are listed here:
- Your Netgear Orbi firmware is not running on an updated version.
- The Ethernet connection between your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem is not stable.
- Your Netgear Orbi router is not synced to the satellite properly.
- You might also be facing the Orbi purple light issue if there is an internet issue from the end of your Service Provider.
- Technical glitches can also force you to face the purple light issue.
Now that you are well aware of the reasons why you’re struggling with the Netgear Orbi purple light issue, following the troubleshooting tips mentioned below will surely help you resolve it.
Solved: Netgear Orbi Purple Light Issue
- Perform Orbi Firmware Update
Start by updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router to the latest version. Mentioned below are the guidelines you need to go through in order to perform Orbi firmware update:
- Switch on your PC and open an internet browser on it.
- Access the Netgear Orbi login page by using the default web address.
- Once logged in to your router, go to Settings > Maintenance.
- Click Firmware Update and follow the on-screen prompts.
If even after updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router, you are facing the purple light issue, it is recommended that you continue reading.
- Check the Internet Connection
Chances are that the Ethernet connection between your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem is not precise. That is probably because of a damaged Ethernet cable. To fix the issue, make sure that the cable connecting your wireless devices is free of damages.
If the cable connecting your devices is in good condition, then there is something wrong from the end of your Internet Service Provider. To confirm the same, get in touch with your ISP. In case he agrees that the internet issue is from his side, ask him to get it fixed as soon as possible.
- Reboot Your Netgear Orbi Device
You can also try rebooting your Netgear Orbi router in order to get rid of the purple light issue. Follow the steps outlined below in order to reboot your Orbi wireless device:
- Disconnect every WiFi-enabled device connected to your Orbi’s network.
- Power off your Orbi router and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug your Orbi router back into the wall socket and power it on.
Are you still experiencing the Netgear Orbi purple light issue? Well, if that is the case, then perhaps, it’s high time that you reset your wireless device.
- Reset Your Netgear Orbi Router
Walk through the instructions outlined below and learn how to restore your Netgear Orbi router to the factory default settings:
- Look for the Reset button located at the bottom of your Orbi router.
- Once found, press it using a pin-like object.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
Note; You can also reset your Netgear Orbi device by accessing the orbilogin page.
Hopefully, with the help of troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article, you’ll be able to resolve the Netgear Orbi purple light issue. If they do, then do drop a word of appreciation in the comment section. We would love to know if we could be of some help to you.