Climate change is the shift of weather patterns and conditions in the atmosphere. In today’s world, climate change is one of the most important issues being addressed across the world. We are experiencing a drastic change in the climate due to numerous factors. Do you think it’s a matter of concern? Well, yes, climate change does affect the environment and its resources. There are many factors that are responsible for climate change such as pollution, burning fuels, disposal of industrial wastes, release of hazardous gases in the air, deforestation, etc.
These factors contribute to severe climate change leading to heavy rainfall, heat waves, floods, storms, forest fires, etc. Most importantly, it leads to global warming and depletion of the ozone layer in the earth’s stratosphere. Due to increased demand for resources, people adopt unsustainable practices and anthropogenic activities which result in climate change. At an early age, you can make kids read and write climate change essays so that they can develop understanding on causes and effects of climate change in the atmosphere.
Apart from this, keep in mind that kids have to explore things around them and identify the factors that cause climate change. With the help of real life examples, you can teach about climate change more effectively. Also, you can teach preventive measures or ways to tackle climate change, to protect and conserve the environment for future generations. Make them aware of the consequences that may arise when the factors responsible for climate change are not tackled properly. There are many different ways you can implement to reduce climate change in the environment.
Some of the ways to protect and conserve the environment from climate change are mentioned below.
- Stop Deforestation: The most important thing that people can do, is stop cutting trees. Instead, you can encourage people to plant trees to increase oxygen level in the atmosphere. Plant more trees in the areas surrounding your house and build a home garden in order to maintain the oxygen levels.
- Save Energy: Due to increase in demand, there is a lot of consumption of energy. You need to save energy at your home, work and public places. We need to understand the fact that the more you use energy, the more carbon dioxide is produced. Use energy saving products or appliances that can reduce the intake of energy efficiently.
- Follow Sustainable Practices: Use resources sustainably so that future generations can also get the resources they need. Plan effective strategies to collect and use resources from plants, animals, mountains, rivers, etc.
- Avoid disposal of waste in the atmosphere: Due to growing demand, there is an increase in the disposal of chemical waste, and release of harmful pollutants in the air. It leads to land and air pollution affecting the health of humans and other living creatures. Most importantly, there is a significant change in the climatic condition leading to floods, heavy rainfall, heat waves, etc. Follow guidelines and policies to avoid disposal of harmful substances in the air and land.
- Create Awareness: It is extremely important to create awareness among people, to protect and conserve the environment from climate change. You can encourage people to reduce pollution, stop deforestation, avoid burning fuels and reduce energy consumption in the form of speeches, poems, drama, songs, art, etc.
By following the above suggestions, you can definitely make a difference in the world and reduce climate change. Reading the things mentioned above can help you in teaching kids the different ways to tackle climate change more effectively. Apart from this, encourage reading essays for kids so that they can get acquainted with more information about climate change and its preventive measures.